Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sugar Cookies!

Today I promised my husband that if he caught us up on dishes then I would bake him something today. I cut my hand working this week and so the dishes kind of took a back burner and piled up a little bit(enough to try to entice him to do it, especially since my sore is still a bit open). So here we go!

Ingredients:
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).



In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder.


Set aside.



In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.





Beat in egg and vanilla.





Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.





Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.



Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden.



Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.


So, you can see my cookies are a bit flat. I did a little bit of research and your type of butter can affect this. I only had Smart Balance 50/50 with olive oil and I really thing that's why they fell. They are still amazing~











No comments:

Post a Comment