Thursday, October 1, 2009

Sugar Cookies

Last Christmas I was shopping at Sams with Rhonda when I found a giant box of sugar cookie mix. I was struck with the idea that, since I was pretty low on money to get my family gifts, I would give them cookies! At that point, I had never baked cookies by myself. It was a bit scary, but I was going to do it! My first batch I tried to do cut out cookies.



I wasn't so impressed with them. So, I decided to do drop cookies with my second batch. I tried putting the sprinkles in mix. This caused the cookies to change colors. I put the red sprinkles on top of the green cookies and green sprinkles on the "pink" cookies. This wasn't really what I wanted. I had wanted. I really had wanted regular cookies with the sprinkles mixed in. I did achieve this with my third batch! What I did was that I rolled my scooped out dough into the sprinkles!

This is how they looked!!



I pulled them out while the tops were looking a little undone. I wasn't really for sure if I was supposed to do that(you are if you want your cookies chewy). After I was done I separated all the cookies in little ziplock bags. Then I took these stick on Christmas-y fun foam letters and spelled everyone's names on the bags. Everyone really liked my cookies. The other day my best friend Sharleen asked me to bake them again! I am planning on baking them again, just from scratch.

2 comments:

  1. lols! Genius!! Things seem so very obvious once you figure them out but I could see myself making batch after batch and going ??? how do they do it in the stores?!!? lols
    these are on my holiday baking list <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send me some cookies! D:

    ReplyDelete